Beginning September 2020, Classical Music Indy will begin producing select live events, working with the amazing talent of over 40 local musicians. We are excited to get started and have taken the #IndyKeepsCreating Pledge to ensure you that safety, equity, innovation, and collaboration will serve as our guiding principles.
Here is what you can expect at these upcoming events, knowing that anything we ask you to do for the safety of others, we are doing as well.
Music in Nature Concert Series
Saturday, September 12, 2 p.m. – Sycamore Shelter, Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park
- Masks will be required.
- Only concert musicians will be located within the Sycamore Shelter.
- Guests may select from two seating options:
- Picnic tables will be set up outside the shelter at least 15 feet from the performance area, picnic tables will be physically distanced at least six feet apart.
- The Sycamore Shelter is near a parking lot. You may remain in your vehicle in this lot to view the performance.
- Microphones and PA systems will amplify the musician’s performance. One PA will be directed toward guests seated at picnic tables. Another PA will be directed toward guests in vehicles.
- The performance will last approximately 45 minutes.
- The concert is free with park admission ($7 in-state daily entrance free for noncommercial vehicles with Indiana license plates; admits driver and passengers).
The Music in Nature Concert Series is made possible by the Indiana Arts Commission, a state agency, and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.